MyMedicare is a new voluntary patient registration model. It aims to formalise the relationship between patients, their general practice, general practitioner and primary care teams.
MyMedicare patients will have access to:
- greater continuity of care with your registered practice, improving health outcomes
- longer Medicare Benefit Scheme (MBS) funded telehealth consultations with your GP
- more regular visits from your GP and better care planning for people living in a residential aged care home, from August 2024
- connections to more appropriate care in general practice for people who visit hospital frequently, from mid-2024.
If you choose not to register in MyMedicare, youll still be able to access the same quality of care from your healthcare providers.
Youre eligible to register in MyMedicare if you have:
- Medicare card or Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) Veteran Card
- 2 face-to-face visits recorded with Dickson General Practice with in the last 24 months.
People who are facing hardship will be exempt from all eligibility requirements. This includes people experiencing domestic and family violence and homelessness.
Parents/guardians and children can be registered at the same practice if one of them is eligible and registered. A parent/guardian must register a child under 14 years and provide consent on their behalf. Young people aged 14 to 17 years can register and provide consent without a parent/guardian.
How to register
There are multiple ways you can register with Dickson General practice in MyMedicare:
- Start the registration process in your Medicare Online Account or Express Plus Medicare Mobile app.
- Search for Dickson general Practice /Search for the Practice either by Suburb name(Dickson) or by Postcode(2602).
- Click on the Practice name and follow the prompts on the screen.
- Alternatively, fill out a registration form at Dickson General practice or Click on the below link to fill the form and return it to Dickson General practice and the Practice staff will then complete the registration in the MyMedicare system. https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/2023-10/mymedicare-registration-form.pdf
For more information about MyMedicare Registration, please visit https://www.health.gov.au/our-work/mymedicare/patients
For more infromation, Please Call the Practice on 02 6247 5833 or email email@example.com